Sunday, May 10, 2015

Welcome Baby Using Pointillism and Copics



Hi everyone and happy Mother's Day!

I thought it fitting to post this seeing as it's Mother's Day.  A friends of mine just had her second baby, Norah, so I'll be popping this in the mail tonight.

As well, this one is going in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, so head over there to see some amazing cards.

My wonderful husband took me out for a great dinner last night.  We never go anywhere on Mother's Day because everyone else is going there!  This way, it's much more relaxed. 

I "borrowed" this idea from the talented Jennifer McGuire.  When I saw this I thought it would be perfect for this stamp set, so I decided to give it a try.  I think the results are great, and it's a technique I'll definitely use again.


The technical term for this is pointillism because you use dots or "les points" to create shading in your image.  It works amazingly well with Copics, and by using the same concept as regular colouring with Copics, you get great shading results.

I also used fun foam as a way to give my card dimension instead of foam tape.  I cut both the fun foam and the frames for the card stock using stitched rectangle dies.  Cutting the foam is just as easy as cutting paper!



For the inside of the card, I cut a matching rectangle and stamped three more of the balloons, used the same three pinks, and the same colouring technique.


I'm really thrilled with the way this card turned out.
It's just adorable!

Take a minute to watch the video below to see how everything was done and how it all came together.


Have a great day!
Beth



Find me on...

YouTube

Instragram

Pinterest

Facebook





No comments:

Post a Comment