Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Life's Lemons



Hi everyone!

Isn't this the perfect mid-week sentiment?
A, I love lemons, and b, if I'm going to have a drink, I really do like vodka.
And, I've had my fair share of lemons thrown at me in my life, so a reminder to make the best of it all is a great thing to keep in mind.

When I saw the current Mix It Up Challenge at Ellen Hutson, which incorporates Avery Elle with Essentials by Ellen, these great lemons came to mind.

For the background I used one of my very favourite stamp sets for creating beautiful backgrounds.  The Bohkeh Dots set is full of possibilities!

I decided to heat emboss the sentiment in black, and set one lemon on dimensionals to bring it to the forefront.  I felt the bright green and yellow were perfect companions for the sunshine lemons.


I gave this lemon a bit of twine to bring in a bit of an organic feel and I love how it looks!

For the inside, I stamped the lemon again in a light grey ink, and repeated the bright yellow circles.


This is just such a happy and bright card, it brought a smile to my face.  My 25 year old son, Mike, complimented me on it as well, and that was a happily accepted reward.  He doesn't compliment often!

Have a great week, everyone!
Beth



Find me on...

YouTube

Instragram

Pinterest


Facebook




No comments:

Post a Comment