Sunday, March 1, 2015

Giggle Greetings Cheese & Gamsol

Hi again everyone!

This weekend my husband and I decided to go across the border and head off to Buffalo.  I got a tip on a store that I really wanted to visit.  So, wallet in hand, we set off for Buffalo Stamps & Stuff.

What a fantastic store!  I could have spent the better part of a day browsing and buying, but I limited myself to about an hour, found some great things, and forced myself to leave.

I'm proud to say that I was the first person to buy Lawn Fawn's Hybrid Black Liquorice ink from them.  Yay me!

Ok.  Back to today's card...





Prismacolor pencils definitely aren't new to me.  In fact, I'm on my second set of them and I absolutely love them.  LOVE them!  The colour goes down like butter on silk - I'm not kidding - and the colours are beautiful and vibrant.

I wanted to pair them up with the Giggle Greetings stamp set from Stamping' Up! and use Gamsol to blend the colours.  This is such an easy technique and I swear it makes even the worst colourer a master artist.



The stamps themselves are a little on the cheesy side (Get it?  Cheesy?  Did you look at the photo???).

This is a 4x4 card, and I'll list the exact measurements below.  Because there are 4 images in the set, this makes a perfect little set to box up and give as a gift.  This one however, is going to good friend of mine who has a birthday coming up in the next couple of days.

I've mixed Neenah Solar White 110 lb and 80 lb card stock with Stamping' Up! Coastal Cabana, and the adorable yellow polka dot is from Lawn Fawn's Sweater Weather pack.  These colours together couldn't be any more perfect.

The inside of the card was created by masking off just the candle portion of the stamps with medical tape, and inking only that part.  The sentiment, Have a Great Day, is from Hero Arts, Friends.



I hope you'll watch the video to see how you can master this technique, and please stay tuned for 3 more of these great little cards.



And as usual, please give me a thumbs up, subscribe and share with all your friends!  It makes me happy!

See you next time!
Beth

Card Sizes

Card Base:  4" x 8", scored and folded at 4"
Yellow:  3-3/4" x 3-3/4"
Coastal Cabana: 3-1/4" x 3-1/4"
Image: Trim to make you happy

Some of What I Used...

Find me on...

My Stamping' Up!® Website
YouTube



3 comments:

  1. Your coloring is amazing- love to use my pencils, but I do not always think of them first...... Darling images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right; the colors are perfect together! Such a cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your coloring and how you tied the outside and inside together. I always seem to forget about the inside when I'm creating.

    ReplyDelete