Friday, March 20, 2015

Quick Cards - Thinking of You Florals



Hello!

This afternoon I did a quick card.  This is something I've wanted to start adding to my blog and YouTube channel for awhile, so keep your eyes open for more Quick Cards!

I love all the techniques I use, but sometimes it's nice to just stamp.

You can get all sorts of great results with stamps and ink.  For this card I used a stamping off technique.  To do this, you ink up your stamp, then stamp it off on a piece of scrap paper, leaving a lighter, fainter image.  I either didn't stamp off, stamped off once, or twice.  Each time I got varying strengths of colour.

This card has 4 layers including the card base.  Each layer has a different border thickness which provides visual interest.  It means that your eye constantly has something different to look at, which also means it holds your attention longer.

Because the card base is black, for the inside of the card I chose to add a piece of Soft Sky card stock to mimic both the colour of ink and one of the layers.  I kept the same image, the small flower and stamped tone on tone, which gives you a bit of a watermark appearance.  Tone on tone simply means that you use the same colour for both the ink and paper.



Check out the video below to see how all of this was done.



Take care!
Beth


Card Size

Finished card: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

Find me on...


1 comment: