Friday, March 20, 2015

Smarty Cat Sends Warm Fuzzies



 Hi again!

I came up with this card for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  The inspiration is 'animals' and I knew right away that I wanted to use Smarty Cat.

When I purchased this stamp set, I did so thinking that it would be fun to use on kraft card stock with Prismacolour pencils, especially white, so the design of the card came very easily.

Once again, I thought I'd love to narrate the video while I was doing it, but before editing, it was an hour long.  Maybe I just talk too much, but I can never seem to get a short enough video without doing a bunch of editing!

Smarty Cat is another stamp from Stampingbella, and I seem to be on a Stampingbella spree lately.  It's hard not to though - they're such awesome designs!



In the video I mention that the kraft paper is cheap stuff, and it is super inexpensive (Recollections brand from Michael's).  It's great paper to colour on though.  However, it's quite flimsy so if you're looking at using it for a card base, you might want to think again.  It is a nice dark kraft though, and takes colour really well.  It was perfect for this card because it's so light it doesn't really add any weight to the card at all.

The set does come with its own sentiment, but I chose not to use it.  Instead, I used one of the sentiments from Hero Art's Everyday Sayings.  This is a great set to have on hand because it has a variety of sentiments in different fonts.

Smarty Cat does come with his own toys.  His ball of yarn, a toy mouse, and a fish skeleton were perfect to complete the inside of the card.



Up next is the video, which I hope you'll watch.  I added some cool music to it this time while I coloured instead of talking.  (Cool tune called Sanskrit which comes built into iMovie)

Enjoy the video, and I hope you'll subscribe!




See you next time!
Beth


Card Sizes

Finished card: 5" x 6-1/2"
Kraft layer: 4-3/4" x 6-1/8"
Black layer: 4-7/8" x 6-1/8"

Some of what I used...

Prismacolour Pencils
White
Black
Pink
Magenta
Light Aqua
Light Umber
50% Warm Grey
30% Warm Grey
Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen (available almost anywhere)
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Momenta A2 Circle Embossing Folder
Ranger Craft Sheet
Fiskars SureCut Paper Trimmer
Martha Stewart Score Board
Scotch Brand ATG Tape Gun - Simon Says Stamp













1 comment: