Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Hey There Chickies

Hey everyone -

I'm back again with a clean and simple card, which is also a quick and simple card!

A couple of weeks ago I was doing a letter writing activity with my class (yup, I'm a teacher with a split 7/8 class), and none of them had any idea how to address an envelope or mail something!

What???

You read correctly...

In this day and age, where the Internet and email rein supreme, these little muffins have no idea how to post a letter!

So this got me thinking...

I remember being a little girl and walking to the post office with my grandmother who was from Scotland.  There was always a card or letter waiting for her from a friend or relative, and we would read it together.  I was always so excited to do this with her!

Maybe I'm showing my age here, but I really miss the wonder of getting a hand written letter or card in the mail!

So, for 2015, my promise to myself is that I will send someone something in the mail once or twice a week, and hope that I make their day.

It was all of this thinking that prompted this little card.  It's the perfect size to just send a hello to let someone know you're thinking of them.



This card starts off with Neenah Solar White 80 lb.  I wanted a frame set within the centre, so I measured 1 inch in from each side and used a paper piercer to create it, creating my scene inside the square.




All the black stamping is Memento Tuxedo Black, which is Copic safe, since that's what used for the colouring.

I carried the orange to the inside of the card as well, and used a little heart to add some interest, and to break up the stark white.



Finally, I added a fun but simple sentiment!




Check out the video below to see how it all came together.  Just a word of warning, about 5 minutes before doing the voice over, I choked on my tea, so my voice is a little raspy!





See you next time!
Beth

Card - Sizes

Finished card size: 4" x 4"
Focal layer:  3.75" x ", scored and folded at 5-1/2"
Focal Image: 3-3/4" x 3-3/4"
Tangelo Twist layer: 3-7/8" x 3-7/8"

Some of What I Used...

Find me on...

My Stamping' Up!® Website
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment