Saturday, March 28, 2015

Happy Bird-Day - Another Paper Smooches Challenge





Hey everyone!

Well, it's time for another Paper Smooches Challenge!

I'm having so much fun with all of these challenges lately.  When you're given parameters to adhere to (although loosely), you're really challenged to sometimes think in ways you wouldn't normally think.

This is the first sketch challenge I've done, and I really found myself having to work at this.  It was great though - I was totally absorbed in what I was doing, and before I knew it almost 3 hours had gone by.

Crazy!



When I sat down to do this one, I was already tired after a week of work, and it was 7:30 at night.  Not my most creative time of the day to be sure.  But, one thing that I really loved doing was looking through old stamp sets looking for things I could use.

I went through about three or four different ideas and designs before settling for this one.  I pulled out an old Stampin' Up! set called Mixed Bouquet for the polka dots and large flowers, and incorporated this adorable (but crazed looking) bird with his little party hat from Paper Smooches.

Again, I really had a hard time because I still only have 2 Paper Smooches sets!  (I fixed this problem today though... )

I also used Green Apple and Khaki card stock from Simon Says Stamp (LOVE the green apple!!!), as well the very sweet floral paper from Momenta.

Nothing on this card "really" goes together, but I think that's part of the charm of it.  It's just a fun, playful card.

For the inside of the card, I used the same stamp I used on the front from Stampin' Up!.



I completed two - count' em - TWO sketch challenges so far this weekend, so keep an eye open for the second!

See you next time!
Beth


Card Size

Finished card: 5" x 5"

Some of what I used...

Copics - Y17, E31, G07, YR07, B05
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Ranger Craft Sheet
Fiskars SureCut Paper Trimmer
Martha Stewart Score Board
Scotch Brand ATG Tape Gun - Simon Says Stamp



No comments:

Post a Comment