Sunday, April 12, 2015

Clean & Simple, Birthday Butterflies with The Alley Way Stamps and Ellen Hutson




Ok.  Let me start off by saying...

I LOVE THIS!

(And by the way, hi!)

This is definitely one of those times when I'm pleased as punch with the end results!  It's bright and colourful, clean and simple (my favourite), and just downright cheerful!

A few weeks ago I was perusing a few of my favourite websites (which are obviously websites selling all things crafty...) and I came across a stamp set from The Alley Way Stamps called Fly By and I had to have it.  That doesn't happen very often...  Usually I'm able to control myself, but not this time.  This time I saw it, had to have it, and ordered it.  

While I was waiting for it to arrive, an idea started to come together, and this is almost exactly what I had envisioned.  Fortunately, I have the perfect challenge to submit it to as well.

The Simon Says Challenge Blog theme for this week is the letter "A", so what better way to get in there, but by using Alley Way Stamps!



Also!!

Darlene Devries, over at Live Love Cards, is hosting her second challenge.  Rainbows is the theme, and although there's no rainbow here, the colours of the rainbow are.  So I hope that it's acceptable, Darlene!

Alright.  Enough chit chat.  Let's get down to business.

I used the Bokeh Dots set from Ellen Hutson Essentials along with Simon Says Stamp dye inks to create the background.  Next I stamped one of the butterflies from Fly By in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured them in with Copics.


I fussy cut them out, and popped them up on dimensionals from Stampin' Up!.  



Next I created a tag using Audrey Blue card stock from Simon Says Stamp, and cut it down so that it fits between the two stitched sides of my card panel.  

(Oops... I'm pretty sure in the video I said "Maliblue card stock")

 The card panel was cut using the largest of the Stitched Rectangles from Simon Says Stamp.  I used the "happy" and the "birthday" from The Alley Way Stamps Yappy set and heat embossed it in white.

I used linen thread from Stampin' Up! to add some detail ( I LOVE this stuff!).

To wrap everything up, I used my white Gellyroll pen to put some dots on the wings of the butterflies, and coated their wings in clear Wink of Stella for some shimmer.  I also used the metallic blue Gellyroll to give the background a few dots as well.





For the inside, I used the same butterfly stamp in Maliblue ink, and finished it with one of the dotted butterfly trails, but made sure to leave ample white space for writing a note.


Check out the video below for an action packed card making session!




See you next time!
Beth


Supplies



Find me on...

My Stamping' Up!® Website

YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment