Saturday, April 18, 2015

We Are Purr-Fect Friends


Hello and bonjour!

I've got another card today and some exciting news!  Well, it's exciting news for me, anyway.

News #1:

A few weeks ago (back in March) I told you that my husband had ordered a set of Kuretake Gansei Tambi watercolours for my birthday.  He ordered them right from Japan, and they finally arrived!


Can't wait to get busy and start practicing with them!

News #2:

A little while ago I entered a card in a Simon Says Stamp Challenge, and it was a featured card!  WooHoo!!!  It's so exciting to have your hard work recognized and featured!  The post for that card, can be found HERE if you're interested in checking it out!

News #3:

When I started my YouTube Channel, my first goal was to get to 50 subscribers and I've surpassed that.  There's so many crazy talented card makers out there, I felt that getting to 50 would be fairly difficult.  I know that I'm constantly finding new artists to watch, so to have 50 people interested in watching what I do is amazing!

So,

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!


Ok.  Onward!


This card was designed for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and the challenge is to create a background and use products from My Favourite Things.  So that's what I did!





For the background I used the Plaid Background Builder from MFT, and three dye inks from Stampin' Up!; So Saffron and Daffodil Delight - both beautiful shades of yellow, and Smoky Slate, a pretty mid-tone shade of grey.

By laying down different inks in a vertical pattern, I created a striped background perfect for my little cats to sit on.  The background certainly isn't perfectly straight or evenly spaced, but who wants it to be!  When things are a little off, it just screams hand-made, and more importantly, made with love.



The cats are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink which is a Copic-safe ink and won't bleed or smudge with Copics.  The colouring for this card was very simple - nothing fancy and no shading. Just simple colouring.  The cats were die cut using the coordinating die set, and I stamped, coloured and fussy-cut two little bows for them to wear in their... hair?  Fur?

I also used a white Gellyroll pen to give the bows a little pizzazz and to give the cats some whisker and tummy dots.  (just because I thought it would be fun!)


I also wanted to add a banner of sorts for the sentiment, so I chose to heat emboss in white on velum, and I hid the glue marks under the velum with enamel dots in a matching yellow colour.  The yellow is actually almost spot on!



For the inside, because you know I can't just leave it alone, I used the same cat and Smoky Slate.  I stamped off once so that the images would be lighter and fainter.



Well, that's it for this one.  I hope you'll check out the video below!

See you next time!
Beth




Stuff I used...




Find me on...

My Stamping' Up!® Website

YouTube






No comments:

Post a Comment